Find rest in Him

The bible tells us that God had always desired for us to do life with Him, work with Him. 

Matthew 11:27 says: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Here God invites us to do His will, not what we chose for ourselves that could've resulted in us being burdened and worn out, but to go to Him as His yoke is easy and the burden that is light. This results in us learning how to do things, as we rely on Him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. This emphasizes that leaning on our own understanding and ways, can lead to crocked paths, ones that can yield frustration, hurt, pain, delay, failures and more as our thinking and understanding is limited, in comparison to God's ways. Thus, to find rest and go on a straight path that doesn't have unnecessary speed humps, trust in God and find rest in His ways.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our King is alive, He sees and hears you...

By knowing Christ, we get a chance of living a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Let us tell of the wonderful things He has done!