Make a vow to seal the covenant with God

 The bible tells us that Abraham is our forefather by faith. When God made a promise to him, He said he will have many descendants, countless. That the nations will be blessed through him. Genesis 8:2-4 says: "And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” In verse 8, Abraham built an altar for the Lord as a result of the promise: "From there he went on toward the hills east of Bethel and pitched his tent, with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east. There he built an altar to the LORD and called on the name of the LORD."
That was his act of appreciation...

What we learn from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is that where they saw the hand of God in their lives, or where God made them a promise, they sealed the covenant by putting up a remembrance of sort. Jacob in Genesis 29:20 -22 set up a pillar to remember the vow, it says: "Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat and clothing to wear, so that I come again to my father’s house in peace, then the Lord shall be my God, and this stone, which I have set up for a pillar, shall be God’s house. And of all that you give me I will give a full tenth to you.” This shows commitment from side, accepting what God was promising him (the land) and thus sealed that promise.

Perhaps we can learn from them...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our King is alive, He sees and hears you...

By knowing Christ, we get a chance of living a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Let us tell of the wonderful things He has done!