God has equipped us for the task

 Jeremiah 1: 9 says

"Then the Lord reached out His hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth." How amazing is that. God is able to strengthen us and give us words where we may feel weak and less equipped. Sometimes God gives us assignments, that we may feel under-qualified, but God says I will equip you. Remember the story of Moses and the burning bush, where God called him and gave him one of the greatest assignments, to go to the king of Egypt and tell him to release His children, Moses was terrified and tried to reason himself out of the assignment. Exodus 3:11 says: "But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” Moses was doubting himself, his abilities. Though what he didn't realize at the time, is that he wasn't going to do this in his own power and alone, but God was going to use His power to influence the whole situation. That makes a huge difference!

However, God reassured him that He will be with him. In Verse 12, the Lord said to Moses: “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain.” 

Jeremiah 1:5 says: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” This gives us a clear indication that the Lord had a purpose when He formed us. He had a plan for each one of us, something to fulfill for His glory and honour. In the physical, we may look down on ourselves but God says He has appointed us, set us apart. This indicates that the attributes we need to fulfill the purpose, are already in place. We just need to believe in Him, and walk with Him. We need to be courageous and not be afraid. Proverbs 28:1 says we need to be bold as a lion. Therefore, let us live our lives the way God designed us to. Strong and courageous, ready to deliver on our assignments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our King is alive, He sees and hears you...

By knowing Christ, we get a chance of living a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Let us tell of the wonderful things He has done!