He will do more than you ask or think!

 Ephesians 3:20

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us...

God is able! He moves mountains, He makes a way where there seems no way. God listens to our thoughts and our conversations, with others and even with our selves. He knows our desires and when the time is right, He blesses us.

Many years ago, whilst I was still at high school, I used to play volleyball and we were blessed to have been chosen to go play against other schools at the Wits University. This was a couple of days tournament and thus, they allowed us to sleep at the residence, that is used by the students (as it was over holidays). One thing that stood out from that trip, was the desire to want to pursue my studies after grade 12 at Wits. I was so inspired by what I saw during the tournament, it created in me a desire to be a student there. However, due to limited resources and Wits being far from my hometown, I had to settle for a university that was close by, so that I could travel. Honestly, I was just so grateful that I got to go to the university (even though it wasn't the one I really wished to go to). Fast forward, more than decades after that desire, today I found myself graduating at this very university for my post graduate, Masters degree! How amazing is our God. I might have forgotten about that dream or desire, but God didn't; when the time was right, my dream was fulfilled. I could never be overjoyed and so grateful to what God did for me. Some barriers were broken for me to pursue these studies at this university as a result of where I completed my undergraduate degree. BUT with God, ALL things are possible.

I have learnt so many lessons just from this experience, one of them is to have a desire, a wish; no matter how crazy it may seem, God can bring it to pass. Don't limit God, He controls everything (even the gatekeepers!). Secondly, be patient and do persevere. When it got so tough whilst I was still studying, I concluded that I was de-registering my degree. I remember on the day when I made that decision that I was going to inform my supervisor about this, as I got into the car, before driving off, I read a twitter from one of the pastor's I follow and she said: as you are throwing the towel, God throws it back at you and say, wipe your face and get going. I knew God was urging me not to give up. I changed my decision right there and then. Thus, being obedient to God even when you don't know how you will make it, is all it takes. God will do the rest.

So, trust God, He will do more than what you ask or think!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our King is alive, He sees and hears you...

By knowing Christ, we get a chance of living a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Let us tell of the wonderful things He has done!