I will not be afraid!

 Psalm 56:3

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid.

 Hearing the word of God and not putting it into action and internalizing it, is void. James 2 says faith without works is dead. This means, when the Lord speaks to us, through the scriptures, we need to accept and receive the word for ourselves. In this case, Psalm 56:3, receives what God has already told us, that we must not be afraid, we must be courageous. Therefore, this is confession and confirmation, that what God has already said, shall be. This including what He already said that I must not be afraid and therefore I declare boldly that I will not be afraid. 

Fear is the absence of faith. Faith says this is a potential danger for me, but I already know that I'm not alone, and this will not destroy me. It is having confidence on what you have not seen, but by believing the One that spoke everything into existence, I also believe this shall be well too. Another way we need to approach a scary, challenging or difficult situation, is that it doesn't matter what the outcome is, God is still in control. He will either help me overcome it, or the struggle I endure, is preparing me, developing some qualities in me. It is knowing that He will work all things out for my good. Therefore, I shall not be afraid. 

I trust in Him, I shall not be afraid!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our King is alive, He sees and hears you...

By knowing Christ, we get a chance of living a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Let us tell of the wonderful things He has done!