Me and my family will serve the Lord!

 Joshua 24:15

 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

But for me and my family, we will serve the Lord! Powerful words that were said by Joshua, the successor of the great Moses, who delivered the children of Israel from slavery. He spoke these words moments before he departed, after he had delivered on his assignment to successfully help them enter the promise land. 

It is so important, to do an assessment of what is out there, what people do and follow and to scrutinize it for yourself if that practice is serving you or leading you to darkness. It could be something that has always been passed down from one generation to another; however, what is important, is to assess it for yourself if it is aligned with the kingdom of light or darkness and make that call. Like Joshua said, choose for yourself today, will you serve the gods that your ancestors served all these years or will you serve the Lord. What we need to remember is that, one day when God calls us back home, no one will stand in for us, justify and reason with God. It will be as clear as black and white; are you this side or that side. Excuses that you might've found your family performing a certain practice and now you followed accordingly, that won't work with God. It will be about you, did you serve God or did you serve other gods?

I've recently had to make that call, between continuing with what has been the practice in the family or the love of God I found for myself as I grew older. This was a simple choice but painful in a sense that I might not see eye-to-eye with certain people. However, God says we must do things not to please man but to please Him. That choice, cleared the path for me and lead to release of certain things I had been praying about.

I pray you make that bold call, that you and your house will serve the Lord, and Him alone! Release your own blessings!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our King is alive, He sees and hears you...

By knowing Christ, we get a chance of living a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Let us tell of the wonderful things He has done!