Embrace who you are and whose you are!

 John 17:16

They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 

Jesus is saying these words about the children of God, which includes you and I. We are in the world but are not of the world. This simply means, physically, we are located in the world, but spiritually, we are in union with Christ. We suffer with and for Christ and will get glory with Christ. Remember Romans 12:2 that says: Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will." Thus, as we read the word of God, we access the mind of Christ, we get the revelation of His kingdom, and by so doing, we have our minds transformed to the new kingdom. We start seeing things in a different light, where we find ourselves being able to do things that we couldn't do on our own. This through the assistance of the Holy Spirit. This becomes evident through the fruits of the Spirit in us (Galatians 5:22-23). By us being more patient with others; having internal peace that cannot be explained (even when we are going through the storm); having joy even though things are not going our way, but we are still hopeful and joyful. These are some the things that shows that we are being transformed into the likeness of Christ.

It is true that there's no way you can have an encounter with the Lord and you remain the same. Christ has left us with the Holy Spirit that is our guide, our helper, our comforter and more. This is an added advantage that allows us to have a fruitful and stable life, no matter the circumstance we are in. Which is why as a child of God, you are most likely to stand out amongst the rest, it is Christ in you. My advise is to embrace that, it is a gift and God wants us to enjoy that. Do not try to fit in, I've tried that my whole life and it made me miserable as I couldn't, no matter where I found myself. I started appreciating myself, the person that I am on the day where I stopped trying to fit in. I am who God says I am, and I can do what God says I can do. Whether that makes me popular or an enemy of the majority, that doesn't matter, so long as it pleases God, I'm satisfied. I pray the Lord helps you with your journey with Him, that He may reveal more of Himself to you, on how loving He is towards you. And I pray that it will be enough for you, the reality that you are in the world but not of the world, but of God!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our King is alive, He sees and hears you...

By knowing Christ, we get a chance of living a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Let us tell of the wonderful things He has done!