Search my heart Lord!

 Psalm 139:23-24

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends You, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

In life, we may have blind spots, which may lead us astray. But with God, we are able to have an advantage of those things that are not alright, to be brought to the forefront in our lives, so that we may deal with them. Not realizing that there's a problem, is dangerous as nothing will be done to fix that as it's assumed that all is well. But with God, we have the Holy Spirit that is able to convict us of our wrongdoing and improvement areas, so that through the grace of God, we may be able to correct them. I now find myself wanting the assurance that in everything that I do, I'm in alignment with God, walking on His path for my life and are pleasing Him (and no longer aiming to please humans).This comes at the realization that we live in "borrowed-time", that God can call us back home anytime and my desire is to be in right standing with Him when that happens, to receive a "well done My child". Hence, I can only be assured of this if I'm in partnership with God, Who is able to search my heart and see if there's any wrong that I need to repent of, to ensure that I'm on the right side.

May we strive to walk on the path of everlasting life, a path that is narrow but has a guarantee for our lives. A path that is favoured by majority, that is all about pleasing people, is dangerous and may lead us astray. May our desires be to please Him, to partner with Him in everything we do.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our King is alive, He sees and hears you...

By knowing Christ, we get a chance of living a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Let us tell of the wonderful things He has done!