Do everything to the best of your ability, it's for the Lord!

 Luke 16:10

“If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities.

This is a basic and simple principle in the kingdom of God. God says if He can trust you with little, then certainly He can trust you with more. This could be anything, from money, responsibility, position etc. In this case, if God can trust you with very little money, where you'll be honest and accountable, He sees that you will be trustworthy with more money when He gives you (example is your salary vs a budget of a company). Also, if He can trust you with a lower position in the company, where you deliver on your work, without cutting corners, delivering on time, quality without cheating anyone, certainly He can trust you with the CEO position where now you become in charge of the entire organization. The last example is if He can trust you with a responsibility of taking care of your family, your kids, making sure they are safe, they have what they need and you ensure they fear the Lord, certainly God can trust you to take care of the country. But if you become unfaithful in those small things, how can He then trust you with bigger responsibility

One thing I have learned over the years and it has been working for me, is that every task or job I am given, I do it to the best of my ability, regardless of what type of a task it is. This, since God led me to the book of Colossians 3:23 that says: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters..." This shows that, in the physical, I may have a Manager to report to (in a work environment), but, what I'm doing, is for the honour and glory of the Lord. As a collective, our work brings Him honour. Therefore, regardless of a nice or mean Manager I have, my work output and ethic, remains on-point because God is watching me; and all I do, I do it for Him. Verse 24 of this bible verse, says remember that the Lord will give you inheritance as a reward! Isn't nice, that you may be overlooked at work, but somehow God promotes you and everyone is stunned? That's the reward straight from heaven! Just remember this when you find yourself slacking in whatever you do, it is for God.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our King is alive, He sees and hears you...

By knowing Christ, we get a chance of living a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Let us tell of the wonderful things He has done!