In everything you do, do it in honour of the Lord...

 1 Corinthians 10:23

So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

This verse reminds us that God is interested in every part of our lives and He receives honour and glory in every circumstance. God wants to be intimately involved in our lives, in every aspect and everything we do, He wants to be present. When you think about it, it makes sense because He is our Source of everything. He provides for us, He protects us, He heals us, He rescues us and so much more. This means, when we have something to eat, it is indeed as a result of Him providing for us. 

I've learned not to see the resource that God sends in my life to provide for me, as an ultimate source. God is the Source where He is in charge of every resource and so He chooses the relevant resource to come and meet my needs. For example, my employer is not my source, but a resource that God uses to bless and provide for me. This is true as if the employer is no longer available to provide for my needs, God will make another plan and appoint another resource to meet my needs. Hence, we need to recognize God as our ultimate Source, the One who orchestrates behind the scenes to ensure that we have enough to eat and drink. Thus, when we find ourselves eating and drinking as this verse suggests, we should do in recognition to who God is and what He has already done (behind the scenes) to enable us to have something to eat and drink. Let us thank and adore Him, for He is worthy!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our King is alive, He sees and hears you...

By knowing Christ, we get a chance of living a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Let us tell of the wonderful things He has done!