We need His peace...

 John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

This verse is loaded! Jesus says, He leaves us with His peace, one that is not the same as what the world gives. This means, His peace is not temporary, dependent on circumstances if they are good or not, or dependent on people if they like you or not. No, His peace is there even in the storm. Meaning, the storm may be raging in your life with troubles (this and that) but somehow, you still are able to remain calm, have a laugh and not break down. I have personally experienced this peace when I lost someone very precious to me, and I sort of surprised myself that I didn't breakdown and lose hope, it was painful, but I saw God lifting me up from that terrible experience. That is the kind of peace that Jesus is talking about.

Also, He says we must not let our hearts be troubled and that we must not be afraid. He understands that the things of the world, life in general can be troublesome and as humans, we may despair; however, as children of God, we are not alone. The fact that God is with us, in good times and in bad times, brings comfort that we will make it through. That by His grace, we will be ok. That on its own, brings comfort and peace that allows us to surrender all the worries to Him, as He told us to in Matthew 11:28. Also, this takes away the fear of the worst case scenario, cause you know Romans 8:28 that "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them." Thus, all things will work for your good, so why worry...Hold on to His promises and keep reminding yourself of what He said.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our King is alive, He sees and hears you...

By knowing Christ, we get a chance of living a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Let us tell of the wonderful things He has done!