Never allow negativity in your heart...

 Proverbs 12:25

Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.

In life, we don't have control over many things, but a few. One of them is that we don't have control over how people treat us or how things turn out. We may make plans and have back-up plans, but still things may not happen the way we expect. Or you may be kind and helpful to others, but that doesn't mean that people will treat you in the same way. This has the potential to weigh your heart down, as your expectations may not be fulfilled because of one reason or the other. However, that doesn't have to be, as we are told that what we have control over, is how we react to what happens to us. If someone brings you bad news about the economy or something, that may weigh your heart and start worrying you or you may choose to have an optimistic view on the whole thing. Thus, by not lying to yourself but by realizing that we serve a mighty God, who is in control of all things, including the economy.

I've recently found myself recognizing that a while back, I used to rush to listen to the radio when I get into my car, to hear the reports on traffic, to check if my route is ok. Unfortunately, most times they'll be this or that and I'll get find myself stuck in traffic. But I realized that when I started disregarding the issue of traffic and just go straight to listen to my praise and worship music, and there'll be no incidents on the road and we'll drive nicely. This made me realize that as I praise the Lord, He takes care of my problems. Which is why, we are told not to be anxious about anything but to submit all these worries to Him by prayer (Philippians 4:6-7).

Therefore, be careful of things and people that weigh you down and choose to react positively every time. Also, this verse shows us that a kind word cheers the heart. Thus, look for platforms that brings you the word that will build you up, rather than tear you down or even scare you out. Pay attention to what you listen to...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our King is alive, He sees and hears you...

By knowing Christ, we get a chance of living a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Let us tell of the wonderful things He has done!