The scripture is there to teach, rebuke, correct and train us!

 2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Some wonder who wrote the bible and how does it connect with God. This verse explains that it may have been written by people (like you and I) and that what they wrote, was inspired by God. God gave them insight on what to write exactly. We can be sure that word in the bible, is the word that came from God. The verse for today explains the usefulness of this word that it there to teach, rebuke, correct and train us in righteousness. This, I can fully agree with, as these are my encounters when I read the bible. I find knowledge that teaches me something, that rebukes and corrects me from my ways to that which God is revealing, and it trains me about righteousness, that I'm not righteous because I do everything right according to the kingdom of God but that I'm righteous because of Christ! God sees me through the lens of Christ, His perfect Son.

Therefore, with all these equipping, I feel ready to serve in the kingdom of God, without feeling ashamed of my past, ill-prepared or lacking insight or direction. It is for this reason that we have the Holy Spirit who is our Guide, Helper, and Teacher. When reading the bible, where God is giving me the instructions, through the Holy Spirit, I'm able to make sense of everything and be able to follow instructions. It is indeed a privilege to be a child of God and have the Holy Spirit living in me (1 John 4:4). May this be a living reality for you too, if it isn't, just ask the Lord. Remember Matthew 7:7- ask and it shall be given! God is waiting on you to ask!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our King is alive, He sees and hears you...

By knowing Christ, we get a chance of living a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Let us tell of the wonderful things He has done!