Focus on the new thing that God is doing...

 Isaiah 43:18-19

“But forget all that— it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.

God says we must forget the former things, the things of the past. That we must not be too consumed on the things that have passed but we should look forward, because God is already doing a new thing. I believe starting a new year, is a blessing on its own, an opportunity to start afresh and see what God has in store for us in this new year. In this case, we must not dwell on the negatives of the past years, our failures, disappointments and challenges, but we must keep our eyes on the thing that God is already busy creating for us. We have turned a page and hence we must stay in expectation of what God has in store. For me, the previous year was challenging, filled with ups and downs, which I'm grateful God led me through them; however, I am certainly looking forward to what God has for me this year. Those hardships are our teachers, teaching us lessons that would be useful in our "next". Thus, I'm looking forward to seeing the "next" that God is preparing us for.

Let us pray for Romans 12:2 which says: "Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." In this case, let us ask the Lord to transform our minds so that we don't have the same perspectives but be transformed into a new person, the one God is preparing us to be. A mindset is important as it all starts in the mind and connects with what you believe. If you believe you deserve less, or nothing, that would lead to not much improving. But realizing the great person that God has created in you, that He is pushing you to be, you are bound to push yourself and stretch to reach your potential as God has designed. So, allow and embrace the new thing, God has a plan for you, a good one at that (Jeremiah 29:11)!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our King is alive, He sees and hears you...

By knowing Christ, we get a chance of living a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Let us tell of the wonderful things He has done!